Thursday, May 5, 2016

So how does it look?

At first, like the gaping maw of some evil sea creature.

Now, a bit better. People say it looks better than they'd anticipated; it still looks terrible to me.

My pupil is larger than usual. There are stitches at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, about 1-2 mm outside my iris. My eye is white (ish) from the pupil out to this radius, but outside that, it's VERY red and lumpy. My eyelids are out of practice and so droop closed a bit.

Most importantly, though, I can sort of see! It's very blurry and I don't like it to be super bright out, but I can use my left eye a bit. Things should continue getting better and it should both look and function much better next week.

I will almost for sure get a cataract in this eye, which they won't correct for 2-3 years to make sure it's not caused, nor is it causing, any other complications. That will make my vision fuzzy as time wears on.

Anyways yesterday I bought some prescription sunglasses (as I won't be able to wear contacts for 2-4 months) so that's fun.

As I type this, I'm at National airport waiting for my non-stop flight back to Madison. So get ready to visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment