Wednesday, May 11, 2016

More than a week later

My eye continues to feel better over time! I've come to think of this in three ways:
  • Pain/discomfort: currently it's only minor discomfort, and I'm no longer noticing an improvement each day though it is definitely net better and hasn't gotten worse. I think most of the discomfort stems from there still being stitches in my eye, which I definitely feel when I blink and which my eyelids are no ok with (it just feels like there's something in there...which there is, so that's consistent).
  • Vision: still blurry. This doesn't seem to have improved since, like, Saturday or Sunday. And every time I put antibiotic ointment in my eye (3x or more daily) it immediately makes things worse vision-wise, so this is a tricky one.
  • How it looks: this is the one that's still noticeably improving each day. As my eye becomes less swollen, the stitches appear to be farther and farther from my iris / cornea. My eyelids are almost back to their normal level of open-ness (they were droopy from disuse before).
Anyway, I want to share pictures but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable! So we'll start with some simple cell phone shots of my eye, which you can find by clicking the Read more link below.

Warning level: mild. These are close-ups of a super-red eyeball with some stitches in it. No gore (yet)!



This is a photo of a white square so that the preview of the first image below doesn't show up for mobile users. Yay for blogger being a pre-smartphone product...



Friday, 5/6
Sunday, 5/8 (note awesome cold compress)
Today, 5/11



No comments:

Post a Comment