Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Before [cataract surgery] photos

Finally got photos from Dr. Shields back, so am retroactively posting these before photos so you can get an idea of how dense my cataract was :)

Trigger warning: basically none. Just close-ups of my eyes :)




This is a photo of a white square so that the preview of the first image below doesn't show up for mobile users. Yay for blogger being a pre-smartphone product...


Here are the photos labeled "nik" (not sure yet what that is an abbreviation for). I look angry/horrible in these photos...kindly disregard that aspect of these!

Both eyes (and me looking disenchanted with the process)

Right eye (healthy).
FYI the parentheses-looking bright spots are the specialized lights/flash used on this camera.

Left eye (dense cataract)

Left eye (dense cataract) - closer-up

Here are the photos labeled "sl" which I assume means "slit lamp" but if you have other ideas for what any of these abbreviations could be please leave them in the comments!

Right eye (healthy)

Right eye, a bit closer - note the even coloration of my iris (brown towards the pupil, greenish towards the outside)

Left eye (cataract) - note the pupil doesn't look black; it's reflecting light instead of letting it pass through to my retina, hence my relative blindness!

Left eye, a bit closer. The dark portions of the eye (around 7-9 if this were a clock) are the area that was a tumor but is now looking healthier 

Left eye, even closer. Isn't that cataract crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment